Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Busy times in Room 11

Our term is racing by and we are looking forward to our Easter Break. We have been busy with lots of different activities in Room 11 over the last few weeks.

As part of our topic we went into the "Greenhithe Jungle" to hunt for minibeasts. Here are some writing samples about our adventure:


Room 11 went to the jungle on Wednesday and all 20 came out. We were entomologists because we were finding minibeasts.
Kaito 

On Wednesday I went in a jungle. I went with Room 11. I went because we were collecting minibeasts. I found ants. I found two ladybirds. I was excited.
Lucy 

First I ran around the path. Then I walked slowly. Then I found a wood louse. I was excited but before I could get everyone he scattered away.
Luke 

Room 11 went to the jungle on Wednesday. We looked for minibeasts and insects. We did it because we are entomologists.

Poppy 




Thank you Constable Bluemel for coming to our school and teaching us how to be safe on our scooters. Here are some more writing samples:

Today Room 11 went down to scooter safety. We learned how to do the emergency stop. You have to jump off your scooter and take a few steps when you're holding it. Next it poured down with rain. We had to run to shelter.
Hayden 

I like scootering. Oh it started to rain. We were on the bottom court. We had to move quickly.
Esther 




Our "Mathletics Wall of Fame" is looking a bit empty. Remember to keep practising your Mathletics every night and when you earn a silver or gold certificate it can go up on our classroom wall. Congratulations to Sabrina and Luke who have both earned silver certificates this year. Keep up the great learning!



                                     

Lastly, we are on the look out for the Easter Bunny to perhaps put a treat into our Easter baskets. If you see him please send him to Room 11.


Happy Easter to everyone from Room 11.







7 comments:

Angela said...

Wow Room 11, it looks like you have been busy enjoying a lot of very cool activities and learning lots of new things. Well done. Have a Happy Easter. - Angela

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Room 11. I loved reading your stories. Looking forward to the next entry

Unknown said...

Wow Room 11! You have been so busy bug bagging! Great writing and keep up your Mathletics learning!
From Mrs Cresswell

Unknown said...

Wow Room 11! You have been so busy bug bagging! Great writing and keep up your Mathletics learning!
From Mrs Cresswell

Unknown said...

You guys are very brave to go into that mysterious jungle, we have heard there are lions and tigers in there. From Room 1

Unknown said...

I liked that they found ladybirds in the jungle.
Caja
I liked how you did your Easter baskets.
Jessica
I liked how you went into the jungle and found minibeasts! Ros

Unknown said...

I liked that they found ladybirds in the jungle.
Caja
I liked how you did your Easter baskets.
Jessica
I liked how you went into the jungle and found minibeasts! Ros

Post a Comment