Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

News from Room One

Here is our news from Room One this week

Paint the Earth


The children painted ceramic tiles and learned about the porous nature of the medium and they are looking forward to seeing how the colours will become much brighter after they have been fired in the kiln. They will adorn the area outside our new block. 










What do the children do at playtime?

I took my camera out with me on playground duty and snapped some pictures of the children playing. 






Here is Luke in goal.

Rebecca is practicing her balancing skills.

Pania opened a shop.
Here are her customers.

I did ask about what Jian and John were busy doing but I'm still not sure......


Kimme climbing


Thanks to some of our classroom helpers last week.

Patti sits with children who are learning to count by fives
My son Oliver helping a group of writers

Estelle helping a group of writers.



Working outside

On fine days we can pull our tables outside and work outside!





Mondrian-Inspired Abstract Art


The children have been learning  about geometric shapes and primary colours as they create a picture in the style of Piet Mondrian.



 



The props are team busy working on our upcoming assembly















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow kids, you have been so busy getting a lot done recently. I think you should come help out at my work, we could do with such hard workers

Unknown said...

Your Mondrian art looks cool!

Post a Comment