Pages

Monday 20 June 2016

Term 2 in Room 11

Term 2 in Room 11.


In Room 11 we have been working hard to add more detail to our writing. We are including our feelings in our writing to make it interesting for the reader. Here are some examples of our writing about the recent cross-country:

Yesterday we went to cross-country. At the start I felt happy because my Dad and Nana and Poppa were there. When I got to the middle I was exhausted. When I got to the end I was proud.
Connor

Yesterday we went to cross-country. I felt scared at the start. I ran my best. I fell over but I got up and ran. At the end I was puffed.

Leo

At the start of cross-country I felt angry because I didn't want to race. At the middle of the race I was exhausted. At the end of the race I felt hot and sweaty and tired and happy because the race was over.

Piper

Wow - our "Mathletics Wall of Fame" is certainly looking a lot fuller than it was last term! Keep up the great learning.     
        

Our science afternoon last Friday was a great opportunity to share what we have learned as scientists this term. Thank you to all the parents, grandparents and siblings who were able to come and participate with us.












What's coming up in Room 11?
  • We are helping to lead the whole school assembly this Friday at 11.40am.
  • Next week is 'Mo Willem' week - lots of books about Piggie, Gerald and the Pigeon!
  • We will be joining with the other Year 1 classes to share the dancing we have been doing this term on Tuesday 28th June at 2.15pm in the hall.


                                                


                                               
                                                               

2 comments:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Wow Room 11 you have certainly been busy. Well done on your great writing skills. I can't believe how many Mathletics certificates are on your wall now - great job. Thank you for letting parents come to your science afternoon. My favourite activity was floating the marbles, although the gulp was really cool too.
Enjoy the rest of term 2.

Post a Comment